YMCA Adult Sports & Fitness programs offer fun ways to stay active, get fit, and explore new hobbies. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just looking to explore a new hobby, we have something for you! From basketball to pickleball, the YMCA offers a variety of adult sports leagues and programs that provide fun and healthy activities for adults of all fitness levels.
Adult Volleyball League
Adult Volleyball League
Our co-ed volleyball leagues are run for everyone, whether you're a passionate player or a novice. Teams can be 6 players with at least 2 females or 4 players with at least 1 female.
|Benton Harbor-St. Joseph YMCA||League begins February 5, 2019||Tuesday||6:15-8:15 PM|
|Niles-Buchanan YMCA||League begins February 5, 2019||Tuesday (rec)
$255 per team
due at first game, however you wish to split it amongst players
Registration open December 20, 2018 - January 27, 2019
Adult Pickleball Tournament
Play as either a novice or an expert in our fun-filled tournament! Registration is individual and we will help pair up those without a partner based on experience and skill.
Cost: $25 per person
Benton Harbor-St. Joseph YMCA
Tournament games will be played on Sunday, May 19.
Registration will run from April 1 - May 10, 2019.
Strength Train Together
What is Strength Train Together?
Strength Train Together maximizes your workout results with 60 minutes of impactful strength training. You’ll get stronger while improving movement when you combine traditional strength training with functional exercises using an adjustable barbell, weights, and body weight.
Free for Members!
Strength Train Together Re-Launch Party!
It's the same class you know and love but with all new music and moves!
Where: Niles-Buchanan YMCA Gymnasium
When: Monday, January 28 from 5:30-6:30 PM
The class is FREE, but space is limited. Please contact Member Service to reserve your spot today.
A Typical Class
With simple, athletic movements such as squats, lunges, presses, and curls, Strength Train Together is for all ages and fitness levels. Discover results, discover Strength Train Together!
Click here to see a detailed description of what to expect in each class!
No registration required
Teens age 13+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
Check our schedule to find class days & times!
- Improves strength of all your major muscles
- Improves general fitness
- Shapes & tones muscles
- Improves bone density (helps ward off osteoporosis)
- Promotes the feeling of strength & confidence
Tips & Preparation
- New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you pointers.
- Arrive 5 minutes early so you have time to gather & set-up your equipment
- Good posture is the foundation of all exercise. Focus on getting your technique right
- Don’t overdo it with the weights – Strength Train Together uses high repetition to tone and strengthen
- Start gradually increasing weights after 6 weeks
- Protect your joints. Always keep them slightly bent – not locked - & perform movements smoothly
- Weight plates
- Bench & risers
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire & What to Bring
- Come to class dressed & ready to move your body
- Comfortable, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit. We recommend cross-trainers over running shoes because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement you’ll be doing in class
- Water and towel
Aqua Greyhounds Masters Swim Team
(Benton Harbor-St. Joseph only) This is an adult (18+) aquatics program offering structured workout sessions, coach’s swimming analysis, and feedback. Whether you are a fitness swimmer or a triathlete in training, we welcome you to the team! Join us for our ninth season which will run through May 23, 2019. Call or visit Member Service for more information.
The Benton Harbor-St. Joseph branch offers Isshinryu Karate at two levels.
Please wear loose-fitting clothing. Classes run for 7-week sessions.
Easy and fun and widely popular, Pickleball is available at both branches. Please check gym schedules at www.ymcaswm.com/schedules for more information.
Member: Free! • Non-Member: $5
$45 for 10-punch card
The Benton Harbor-St. Joseph branch features several racquetball courts! If the court is open, members can walk on for no charge (non-members must pay a daily use fee). You may also reserve a court up to 30 minutes in advance of the next half hour.
Open Basketball & Volleyball
We offer year-round basketball at both branches, and volleyball at the Benton Harbor-St. Joseph branch.
Check our gym schedules for availability.