Show Your Support
When you give to the Y, you’re doing your part to strengthen our community—and a strong community is good for everyone. Whether you’re helping a child in need attend summer camp, giving someone the assistance they need to make a healthy change in their life, or contributing to the construction of a new Y facility, your gift will let us continue to affect positive change in our region.
‘Tis the season of giving. After a weekend of rushing to finish your Christmas shopping, today marks the first day of the charitable season. Here’s what it’s all about:
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a national movement that began in 2012 to focus on end of the year giving. It’s a day to give to local organizations, families in need, or to any other cause that you believe in. The holiday always falls on the Tuesday following Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Why was it created?
The movement relies on social media to spread the word of generosity, inspiring people around the world to bring change to their communities. Social media gives participants a chance to share their good deeds and inspire others to so the same.
How can you participate?
- Donate using the form below
- Give Part of your Paycheck. Donate a part of your paycheck to the Y or talk to your company on how your organization can make giving back part of its official policy.
- Hold a fundraiser for the Y on Facebook. Facebook and PayPal are matching donations on Facebook a total of up to $7 million dollars on November 27.
- Share how you are giving back on #GivingTuesday by posting your #UNselfie on your social media.
- Give your time. Sign up to be a volunteer at the Y's events throughout the year.