Safety is our number one priority at the YMCA. These age guidelines will help to ensure you and your family’s safety while having fun at the Y!
• Open Swim (BHSJ & NB) & Family Float (BHSJ only) – Open to all families, adults, & children. Those 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water. All children under 42” tall from the shoulder to the floor must also be with an adult.
• Lap Swim – Children 13 and over only.
• Family Swim in the Therapy Pool (NB only) – Open to all families and adults. Anyone under the age of 18 must have an adult in the water with them in order to help keep the family environment.
• Children 7 and under need to be accompanied by an adult or sibling 13 and over (unless specified on schedule for adults, teens, youths).
• BHSJ: 6 weeks – 8 years. During the school year, there will be a supervised area for kids up to age 13 to gather and work on homework, read, etc.
• NB: 6 weeks – 12 years
ACTION ZONE - Summer Only
• BHSJ: 8 - 13 years
CARDIO ROOM & TRACK
• 11 – 12 year olds who complete orientation are allowed to use the cardio machines & track without adult supervision.
• Children under 13 who have not completed orientation may not use cardio machines and must be accompanied by an adult within arm’s reach in order to use the track.
• 13 – 15 year olds need to complete the orientation for all other machines in the cardio room.
• 13 – 15 year olds must have a weight room orientation with a trainer and be supervised by a trainer or parent upon completion of orientation.
• No children under 13 allowed in Fitness Classes.
• Family/Youth Classes – Children 4 and under need to be accompanied by an adult or sibling 13 and over. Children 5 and over who are able to follow instructions and be attentive in class can attend the class alone