2019 Intent to Merge with YMCA of Michiana
YMCA of Michiana & YMCA of Southwest Michigan members,
We would like to take this time to provide you with an update on the status of our management agreement.
We’re excited to share with you that the YMCA of Michiana and the YMCA of Southwest Michigan boards of directors have voted on their intent to merge into one association. The merger is slated to be effective January 1, 2020.
The intent to merge was approved by both boards of directors and the YMCA of Michiana Board of Trustees. Final details of the merger will be completed over the coming months.
Our new organization will serve the area with four locations:
- Benton Harbor-St. Joseph YMCA in St. Joseph, MI
- Niles-Buchanan YMCA in Niles, MI
- Riverview Family YMCA in South Bend, IN
- YMCA Camp Eberhart in Three Rivers, MI
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your preferred branch. We are happy to answer your questions.
Mark D. Weber
2019 Rate Increase
With the recent jump in the cost of utilities, Michigan’s minimum wage steadily increasing, and maintenance costs rising, our Board of Directors has approved a modest membership fee increase to ensure our ability to continue to operate at the standard of excellence our members have come to enjoy and expect. Please direct any questions or concerns you may have to Member Service.
Letters were mailed out to all Members detailing these changes on November 1, 2018. To view the letters, please follow the links below:
- Benton Harbor-St. Joseph YMCA Rate Increase Letter 2019
- Niles-Buchanan YMCA Rate Increase Letter 2019
As you are aware, Benton Harbor-St. Joseph YMCA and Niles-Buchanan YMCA merged into one association in March 2017. As a result, we are proud to offer even more options to our members and remain steadfast in our initiatives to our community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
As the branches continue to merge and share best practices between branches, we are aligning policies. Effective February 1st 2018:
- Membership dues will be drafted on the 10th of the month. These dues pay for the current month and any changes to your account will take effect the following month.
- NSF fees and late fees for non-payment will be $15.00 a month.
- Membership rates will remain the same.
View a copy of the letter sent out here.