At the YMCA of Southwest Michigan we offer cardio and weight rooms at both facilities.
Please see cardio and weight room best practices below:
- There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardio equipment when the facility is busy
- Please control weights/cable when returning to starting position
- Please re-rack/put away weights when you are done
- The YMCA is not equipped for powerlifting; chalk and powder are not permitted in the workout areas
- For the health and safety of other, please wipe down all equipment after use
- For courtesy and safety please limit cell phone use to lobby and hallway; music is allowed with headphones or earbuds
- Water and sports drinks are allowed in sealed containers
- For your safety, outside trainers are not permitted to train YMCA members or guests
- Please no filming in the cardio & weight rooms
- Respectful language and behavior is expected by all
Cardio & Weight Room Guidelines
The following guidelines should be honored at all times in the cardio and weight rooms at both YMCA of Southwest Michigan branches:
10 & Younger
May not be in the cardio and/or weight rooms at any time
11 & 12 years old
- Must have a preteen orientation
- Must check in to get lanyard/wristband
- Can only use cardio equipment
13 - 15 years old
- Must have teen orientation/Get Started
- Must have an adult or certified personal trainer with them in the weight room area
16 - 18 years old
- Must have a teen orientation/Get Started
Please do not bring children into the cardio room or weight room area.
Children 10 & Younger may not be in the cardio or weight room.
Children 11 & Older must have their orientation before using the weight room or cardio room.
Please follow this dress code when using the gymnasium, weight room, and cardio room.
- Athletic shoes or walking shoes are required
- Shirts must cover chests
- Shorts should be finger-tip length
- Due to health risk, plastic suits are prohibited